UnderNewManagement

I am a recently freed slave of sin with a very firm belief in Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

 

I touched a life

It was just last week, I was down stairs in the ER and I got an order for a chest x-ray on a gentleman that had been in a car wreck. I try to treat my patients as if they are someone I know quite well, like a member of my family. I began asking questions about his life, like what he does for a living, and he told me about how he wanted to work in a hospital. I asked him what type medical education he has and he said he is a Medical Assistant (a very limited certificate offered by a local ‘college’, it is basically a medical office license). I told him that he should think about going back to school and getting a degree in Nursing or Medical Laboratory Technology, or even X-ray. At this time I pointed out that he wasn’t injured much and that maybe it was fate that he crashed his car and came to the hospital, to run into me. His eyes welled up with tears and he said that he needed this motivation to help get him back to school. This is not the first time I have been in this situation. I like to think of myself as the Johnny Appleseed of inspiration; planting little seeds in people’s minds of what they can do with their life. The world needs people to do the tough jobs; there are plenty of burger flippers out there. As my brother would say: Aspire to inspire.
Take a minute to look at your life. Are you doing what you really want to do? Have you ‘settled’ for a job that you are not happy with? Today is the day to change your life. You see what your life is like now, always waiting for tomorrow to sweep in and change you. You have to get up and change your life yourself. Stop wishing your life away and do something, do it now!

Comments:
Great story, but I'm not gonna cry, I put it on my site. Thanks bro.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   May 2005   June 2006   July 2006   April 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   November 2007   February 2008   July 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?